[CQ-Contest] Russian DX contest
n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Feb 23 10:40:38 EST 2007
To be sure, I'm on the East Coast, but I don't think we have heard the whole story yet. For one thing, the rules permit non-Russians to work *anyone* else. Here's an excerpt from the rules:
7.2 Non-Russian stations:
* QSO with Russian station 10 points,
* QSO with your own country 2 points,
* QSO with a different country on your continent 3 points,
* QSO with another continent 5 points. ... 9. Multipliers 9.1 Two types of multiplier will be used:
* A multiplier of one (1) for each different oblast contacted on each band.
* A multiplier of one (1) for each different country contacted on each band.
Given the large turnout of Russian stations, it seems to me that West Coast stations could cheerfully work Europeans, South Americans and even (gasp) JA's for 5-pointers and still scoop up enough Russian oblasts to do respectably. While the multiplier scheme strongly incentivizes working Russians, the points differential isn't that great. Heck, you can even work W's and VE's for points.
I'm planning my first full-time effort in the RDXC this year. See you there?
73, Pete N4ZR
More information about the CQ-Contest