[CQ-Contest] CQ Taiwan - Again

N6KI Dennis Vernacchia n6ki_73 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 24 20:37:29 EST 2007

Hi All,

    A few months ago I posted a request for some radio amateurs in Taiwan
that would be near the Hsinchu area. Several hams responded with call
letters
of some Taiwan hams and some e-mail addresses I might try to contact
but after sending a half dozen e-mails, I have had NO response.

    I have a friend who is a priest from the Philippines and currently
on a mission
in Hsinchu area. He has been diligently studying and trying to acquire a
ham license.

    Unfortunately, he took the test once before leaving the Philippines,
but failed and
now is trying to get in touch with local Hsinchu, Taiwan area hams to
help him
continue his studies and either elmer or sponsor him to get a license in
Taiwan
if that is at all possible.

    Even if he is unable to take a test and acquire a license while on
his mission
in Taiwan, he would like to meet local amateurs there and especially
attend any radio club
meetings near him.

    Does anyone know where and when any radio clubs meet in the Hsinchu
area?
If so, would you kindly respond directly to Father Allen Fenix.

His e-mail address is:

dychinan at yahoo.com

    I have an old ICOM 730 rig I promised to donate if he can get
properly licensed,
but he is having a rough time getting some help with the licensing
and I was amazed to learn how difficult things are going in the Philippines
and especially difficult to even get tested in Manila. Part of the
problem was
due to the fact that the officials would not even give tests until a
minimum number
of people were to take the test. Travel for him to Manila was also
very difficult at times.

    Father Fenix would sure appreciate any help and encouragement.

73, Dennis n6KI