[CQ-Contest] Annual Suggestion

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Sun Feb 25 15:57:42 EST 2007

There are many ways to skin this cat, and one interesting possiblity is along the lines used by the DLs who sponsor the Markrothon RTTY DX contest:  Eight hours on, 8 off, 8 on, 8 off and 8 on. Twenty four hours total. In their case the entire contest quits during the off times, but in the context of a worldwide DX contest it would seem best to let the individuals decide when to start their 40 hour cycle.

That way a person operates the whole daily propagation cycle, but spaced over two days.

It would also give a break to those in far eastern time zones where a 48 hour contest starts at strange local times or can run well into Monday.

73,   Jim  K8MR