[CQ-Contest] PJ2T CQWW SSB 2006 Photos Posted

Geoff Howard ghoward at kent.edu
Mon Jan 8 15:57:54 EST 2007

Contesters,

The photos from this contest are now posted at:

http://asgard.kent.edu/ccc/cqwwssb2006/cqwwssbContestAlbum/cqwwssb2006.html .

Thanks for the kind comments from so many of you who have taken the time to
look at our PJ2 pictures in the past.

Log summary and score information are at
http://asgard.kent.edu/ccc/cqww.ssb.2006.htm .

We had planned to do M/2, but the week before the contest when we saw all
of the high profile European stations in three point locations that had
declared for Multi/2, especially CT9L, we shifted to M/M. We knew that it
would be impossible for a station in this hemisphere to beat European three
point stations. Unfortunately, our strategy did not work out, even though
we were a true M/M, as our log breakdown clearly shows.

Many thanks to K6AM, OH6DO (N5ZO), W6SR, and N6ZZ for coming such a long
distance to bail us out when our CCC club team fell apart because of
unavoidable last minute work conflicts. Thanks also to Russ, K8RMC, who
thought he was coming as an observer and ended up getting put to work on
the air.  :)

See you in ARRL and WPX soon. Thanks also for all the Qs with PJ2T in the
ARRL 10 (me and WB9Z) and 160 (K8ND) contests and the ARRL RTTY roundup
(WB9Z). Look for us in the CQ 160 contest, when PJ2T will be manned by K8ND
and W8WTS.

       73,

             - Geoff, W0CG, PJ2DX