[CQ-Contest] LQP - Tnx to all +++

K6VVA LQP HQ dx35 at hilding.com
Thu Jan 18 12:16:42 EST 2007

Tnx to all who showed up for the LQP last night, and for all the 50th
Anniversary well wishes.  Several of you indicated you're also close to
being licensed for 50 years or just beyond. Congrats!

It appears somewhere between 50 and 70 folks participated, and 25 logs (or
partial logs) have already been received.  I hope to post some "Claimed
Scores" on the http://www.k6vva.com/lqp website this weekend.  So far
60,000 points is the highest claimed score.

Unfortunately, some folks didn't check for the final Rules "update" before
the LQP started, so please especially re-check the Rules for manual or
Cabrillo log submissions requirements.  Some need to re-submit.  It's not
that difficult, but necessary 'cuz things are not automated or Robotized
here yet.  Tnx!

This was also sort of an experiment, so Kudo's to N3BB and other "Big Guns"
who cranked the power way down to their yagis & stacks.  That had to be
somewhat "challenging" compared to normal operations :-)

40m went "long" way sooner than anticipated (many local QSOs were missed),
and Murphy showed up here in the form of some power line noise.  My
apologies to those who I just couldn't pull out of the soup.  Some signals
were in the "ESP" zone (as W7WHY commented), and some bounced back and
forth in QSB condx between 349 and 569 *during* the exchange(s).

Most said they had lots of fun and would do it again.  Considering the
short advance notice and "fluid rules" changes before the checkered flag
started, IMHO it was a worthwhile venture.  A few more players are really
needed for a 50 minute duration event, however.

Tnx to Ramon, XE1KK, for his "surprise" appearance, initiative and well
wishes. Now to sort out another "situation" within the context of the LQP
Rules :-)

73 & Good Contesting to all...always...

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust