[CQ-Contest] Annoying trend

Kenneth E. Harker kenharker at kenharker.com
Mon Jan 22 10:36:32 EST 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 09:36:56AM -0500, Richard DiDonna NN3W wrote:
> Hello from Istambul!
>
> After 13 hours of flying and being sick yesterday, I finally got a chance to look at some contest-related email.  Wow.
>
> I've received not one, not two, not three, but four emails asking me to confirm name and state information from the NAQP.  Obviously what they heard in the contest does not match what they're seeing on qrz.com so they're "confused".  I'll guess that either 1) I'll delete them or 2) tell them the day after the logs are due.

Why not forward those emails to the contest sponsor for adjudication if/when those logs are submitted?  They are
clearly cheating if they submit their logs.

As someone who almost never uses his own call sign in a contest (because I am either a guest operator or at a multi-op)
I've never been presented with this opportunity, although I hear about it happening more and more frequently.  What would
a contest sponsor/log checker do with reports like this?  Would any of them on the list care to comment?

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker at kenharker.com
http://www.kenharker.com/