[CQ-Contest] Annoying Trend

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Wed Jan 24 23:49:48 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 06:24:06PM -0800, K6VVA LQP HQ wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, John W5TD, wrote:
>
>  > Then why not state in the rules:
>  >
>  > Check (the last two digits made up at random)
>  >
>  > It seems pretty straightforward what the check is. I
>  > cannot see why some people are so resistant to
>  > sending the correct thing.
>
> I cannot see why the ARRL is "so resistant" to revising the rules to read
> either:
>
> 1.  "You may use any CK other than your actual first year licensed"; OR,
>
> 2. "If you use any CK other than your actual first year licensed, your log
> will be considered null and void."
>
> This is really a no brainer and all future discussions on this matter can
> be eliminated,  ***IF*** the ARRL takes the requisite action to amend the
> rules and ***ENFORCE*** #2 above if that is the option they roll with.
>
> Another option, of course, is to axe CK from the exchange.

The real "no brainer" here is that what diffrence does it
make what someone sends for their check?

Excuse me if I have come in in the middle of some thread I have
not read yet - but this sounds like you guys are trying to
solve a problem that neither needs solving nor is a problem.

Good grief!

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net