[CQ-Contest] contesting 10 years from now

k3bu at optonline.net k3bu at optonline.net
Wed Jan 31 19:31:22 EST 2007

> Would you people with vision provide some ideas to me as to what
> do you
> think the biggest changes/transformations are in top level
> contesting within
> the next ten years?
>
> 73
> Tonno
> ES5TV

Here is what I can see through my bloory vision, based on wasaaap to day:

SDRs will obsolete our today's junk radios, just like superhet did to sparkies.

There will be SK Honor Roll, listing dead hams by the longevity/years of contesting (some complicated formula used to calculate the score)

There will be handicap categories based on number of wheels on wheel or track chairs, crutches, packets, lists, instant messaging.

Everything will be remoted and eventually RF eliminated and Internet virtual RF will be used, so everyone will be equal with wirtual TX/antennas.

Contest reflector will have three moderators, specializing on proper disection and delay of messages.

Real time reporting will be down to fractions of second with streamed video. The losers will be promptly notified and asked to quit. The winner will be done, nothing more to work and contest will be over.

Magazines will publish contest results in lightning 7 months pregnancy speedy publication.

UBN police will apply 7 QSO as a penalty for foggy QSOs. The 3 QSO penalty did not teach the slopy operators nothing, they were still making errors.

Using steroids will be wide spread and spot testing will be implemented by the contest purity squads.

CQ WW contest finally was modernized to give other continents 10 points per QSO, zero for own continent, so the results were more readable and clear of those heavily populated continents losers.

Only QRP category for those still using archaic RF bands were retained in the view that all the RF in the past has caused global warming and sunspots on the sun.

All the top score boxes were eliminated when the liberal wing of the IARU realized that competition is not healthy and we all should be equal. No more categories, everyone (whiner) is a winner.

QST and ARRL under pressure from the no-coders has finally stopped to mention and publicize anything about the contests. Peace returned to bands, QST was full of listing who is who in the ARRL government and pictures of happy shack-on-belters and mobilers having great time at the RF picknicks. Lot of interesting articles about how to twist two wires together, how to use the headphones, what is phonetics, etc.

Everyone was asking "Watsa a Contest?"  Why would people suffer 48 hours beating their brains out in a QRM? And messages, pictures, movies would keep flying on wireless internet wagely remembering those spark and contest days waaay back.

Firmly parked on my frequency with cheek in tongue.

Yuri, da Kay Three BUm