[CQ-Contest] radios for SO2R

Rick Tavan N6XI rtavan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 11:49:01 EDT 2007

If absolute minimum size is the controlling requirement, then your IC-7000
plan may work. I'd be concerned about the dynamic range of the 7000 in an
SO2R configuration. Will you be able to hear on one while transmitting on
the other? I have a 7000 in the mobile (and have used it in the main
station) and it works well for its size. Love the super-color display! But
if you have a table top and can tolerate a few more cubic inches, the K2 is
much easier to operate and has better receiver performance. And if you want
the best, wait a few months for the K3 with world-beating receiver
performance and excellent ergonomics in a ten pound package. I'm testing it
now and I think it will be a top dawg.

73,

/Rick N6XI