[CQ-Contest] CTU Survey Results

Hank Garretson w6sx at npgcable.com
Wed Jul 4 15:45:37 EDT 2007

At 09:52 AM 04 07 2007, W5OV wrote:

>My response was to point out that Andy N2NT's summary was correct when he
>said TR would not work on a Windows machine. Anyone trying to run TR on a
>real Windows (WinNT, 2K, XP, or Vista) machine will NOT have success.

I gently suggest that this blanket statements is not completely
correct.  It depends on how one defines success.  TR can work on an
XP machine, but it will not send CW on the parallel port.

I have successfully run TR on an XP machine.  It properly interfaced
with my Omni VI+.  As long as all I wanted was SSB, everything was
fine and as advertised.

Since I am primarily a CW guy, I ended up going to a dual-boot system.

Be careful of blanket statements.  (Hmm.  That is a blanket statement.)

73,

Hank, W6SX

Mammoth Lakes, California