[CQ-Contest] Stadiums as venues for Contest Stations

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Thu Jul 5 17:35:15 EDT 2007

Back around 1976 or 77 several people operated in the ARRL January VHF
Sweepstakes from the press box of the University of Illinois stadium.

I've wanted to do some contest operation from there ever since, but I
don't know who to contact or if they would let me do it. Most likely the
people who permitted it to happen back then are long gone.

It was a great location, though, for the fact it was warm if nothing else.

73, Zack W9SZ