[CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

Barry w2up3 at verizon.net
Sat Jul 7 09:14:15 EDT 2007

I just reviewed my UBN from CQWW CW and noted that I had 2 NILs from
stateside stations.  This has happened before and I know it happens to
many of us regularly.  We wind up losing a country and/or zone mult in
the process.

I know some guys, like NQ4I (he's not the one that didn't log me), have
complained about an unusually high number of 0 pointers calling, but if
someone calls you, you should log it.  Right?

How about another solution to the problem, such as giving automatic
credit for one's own country and the zones it contains?  For example, US
guys get credit for W and zones 3, 4 and 5.  DLs get DL and zone 14, BYs
get BY and zones 23 and 24.  Or should there be some kind of penalty to
the non-logger, if there seems to be a pattern of non-logging of 0 pointers?

Comments?
73,
Barry W2UP

--