[CQ-Contest] CQWW and 0 pointers

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Sun Jul 8 17:23:34 EDT 2007

VO1HE:
 >No real easy solution to this.

         I disagree.  The easy solution is to work
serious competitors who long ago learned to log
every QSO.  If you work Joe Blow who is looking
for new band countries, chances are that he may
not log you.  Until my first UBN experience, I
was one of those who did not log every USA guy
who called.  After I got my first UBN report and
realized I was unknowingly penalizing some who
I had not logged, I then started logging every call.

NQ4I:
 >I have been a strong advocate of 1 point for
one's own country

         Oh no!  PLEASE not this again.  Ain'tgonna happen and I
don't understand why
it keeps coming up.  This would totally
change the character of CQ WW and destroy
50 years worth of history and records in
the process.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV