[CQ-Contest] CQ WW zero pointers etc

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 23:12:29 EDT 2007

All the discussion about all the hard, tenuous, extremly unwanted extraneous and otherwise unappreciated contacts, during contests... make a fellow figure that contests are not for making contacts. Therefore, why should we expect to increase the numbers of stations being active?
Any new stations are likely to make the same old mistakes.. done by others before and others to come.. therefore the simple answer is to just not make any Qs. Then there won't be any unwanted ones... right?
  Why with that manner of thinking.. I could foresee that in a couple years... with heartily pursued geremandering, and all the rest... contest calenders could contain all of.... well looky there... no more waste looking at the super wonderful but totally empty calendar. Now all that needs to be done is ... find a way to pursue grass watching as a competitive event. --... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

If we would put even half as much effort into growing the sport, as we do the above... we wouldn't have time to be such......