[CQ-Contest] CQWW hours of operation: analysis

DL8MBS prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Mon Jul 9 11:26:49 EDT 2007

Richard DiDonna NN3W wrote:

> Itd be interesting to do a hours of operation analysis at the peak of
> the cycle, as opposed to 2006 which was on the verge of being the
> absolute bottom of the cycle...
> While you'll probably see an incremental change in the number of hams
> operating 40-48, I'll bet money that the percentage over 24 hours
> increases dramatically.

As much as I admire the magic of sunspots I don´t believe in their
potential to make family commitments and activities of everyday life
disappear. (And who really wants to experience family and everyday life
disappear?). Therefore I would suppose that the average op-time
increases only slightly. But we´ll have to wait for figures as old sets
of logs may not be available.

Btw I wonder how the situation and discussion is in other
hobby-competitions that are as time demanding as contesting (at least
with the competetive element that allows to call it contest instead of
activity weekend).

73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)