[CQ-Contest] Why Is It.......

Sherman Banks w4atl at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 10 10:31:22 EDT 2007

You are not the only one with this problem.  This is one of the reasons I
don't do more DX oriented contests from my QTH.  You need power and decent
antennas to get runs going.  Otherwise it's S&P.

I have no problem running DX stations during the week but try it on a
contest weekend and you don't get any calls.

The problem is most likely strong signals causing de-sense in receivers
making lower power stations harder to hear during a busy contest weekend.
It makes a DX contest really boring unless you can work those 0 point
stations closer to you.  But that's another thread...

See you in IARU where you can work anybody you want with no penalty.