[CQ-Contest] Bananas

Dennis McAlpine dbmcalpine at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 13 15:31:35 EDT 2007

Jim,

Maybe you shud be happy that u bought the bananas.  The rats were already in the house and were not going away so they were just looking for some grub.  If there had not been a banana around, who knows what they might have gone after.    If so, your voice might be an octave higher than it is.

In NYC, when they blasted out the building next to ours in tomy east 67th St, they forced a bunch of super-rats out of their home.  They scrambled around looking for a new one, the most convenient being our apt building next door.  They came in thru the basement and started climbing up the interior walls and chewed their way into the back side of cabinets of those apts that did not have a cat (we did).  These were rats abt a foot long that had built up an immunity to rat poison.  In fact, they loved the stuff. The only way to get rid of them was to shoot them.  Our Hungarian doorman volunteered and was heard for many nights shooting at them with a 22 while they were climbing the outside walls.

No bananas for those guys.  Give 'em meat.

73 and don't gamble,

Dennis, K2SX