[CQ-Contest] IARU - Join Us

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Mon Jun 18 11:43:06 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:10:07 +0000, Steve Harrison <k0xp at dandy.net>
wrote:

>With a straight face, try telling that to we who've recently competed in CW
>tests when there was a Ratty test going on at the same time.

That is a problem of scheduling, not of modes. CW and RTTY have
essentially the same bandwidth and conflict between CW and RTTY
stations is no worse than between two CW or two RTTY stations.

For all bands except 40, the accepted CW and RTTY sub-bands are
separate and unless things get really crowded, intermode QRM is rarely
a problem. Even on 40 RTTY'ers rarely go below 7025, whereas CW is
found from 7000 on up.

Bill W6WRT