[CQ-Contest] Contest CQ format?

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Mon Jun 18 18:56:02 EDT 2007

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:18:44 -0400, Bill Tippett
<btippett at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

>         Rather than worry about saving a few
>characters in a CQ or exchange, we might gain
>more QSOs by paying attention to:

Saving a few characters is more beneficial than you might think. For
example, in a 48 hour contest there are 172800 seconds. If you call CQ
every ten seconds, that is 17280 CQs. Save one half second on each CQ
and you have saved 144 minutes, or 2 hours and 24 minutes.

Even if you subtract the time it takes for a thousand QSOs, you still
have a substantial amount of "free" time.

Still not worth it?

Bill W6WRT