[CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship - A Travesty

Peter Voelpel df3kv at t-online.de
Tue Jun 19 21:02:18 EDT 2007

The typical 160m daylight range easily covers Germany and 80000 hams when
sitting right in the middle of the country.

I still miss the answer and the proof to my question which are the
"some IARU member societies have convinced their national, government
funded,
sporting organizations that this is an international event worthy of
financial awards to their countrymen"

73
Peter

But then again, 2400+ QSOs on 160M from a HQ station in IARU is certainly
extraordinary.  I would think this takes the definition of "uniques" to a
new limit...