[CQ-Contest] IARU - Join Us

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Wed Jun 20 00:00:24 EDT 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Robert Chudek - K0RC wrote:

> In part Hank, K8DD said...
>
> "Ok .... how about a whole lot don't listen aurally to a frequency -
>
> Not being a RTTY operator, I'd be curious as to how many really do have
> their headphones on ..... or their speakers turned on."

> Running RTTY without the speaker or headphones engaged makes the same amount of sense as running CW or SSB without using a speaker or headset.
>
> 73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

I use a PK232DSP for RTTY.  If I had to just watch the lights on it, I'd
probably have a far less chance of working anyone than by listening as I
tune.

The soundcard modes can show all the digi stations in the audio passband
but I still prefer listening as I tune ... guess it's the way I learned.

73, Zack W9SS