[CQ-Contest] Operation times in WWDX

Steve Harrison k0xp at dandy.net
Sat Jun 30 13:55:03 EDT 2007

At 01:39 PM 6/30/2007 -0400, hank  k8dd wrote:
>Personally I think it is somewhat limiting in the State QSO parties that
>left the two day QSO party format for the 12 hour format.
>Get on Saturday afternoon/evening or you missed it.  And they lost
>the "Sunday after church" ops!

I agree; when state QSO Parties began reducing their possible operating
periods like that, I lost a lot of interest in them.

Somewhere, I may still have certificates for some of the old-time QSO
Parties, for which I won my section or state, back in the late '60s and
early '70s, such as the Minnesota and, IIRC, Pennsylvania QSO Parties.

Steve, K0XP