[CQ-Contest] Please Post Me Requests

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Mon Mar 5 13:56:09 EST 2007

On Mon, Mar 05, 2007 at 09:51:35AM -0800, Art - W6KY wrote:
> I have N1MM set to post 'all' stations I work when I am in a S&P mode.
> Therefore by default, they all get posted....  My opinion, if a station
> asks to
> be posted, they should be moved to the assisted category!!!  Of course,
> we have no 'Contest Police' so it's just another uncontrollable item of
> contesting...  Self Posting is another matter as it leaves a footprint
> and can
> be used to disqualify or change a stations category...

I try to record every contest I operate.  It would be very easy for me
to offer up the recordings of the stations that ask to be spotted.

In the ARRL DX CW contest I was calling CQ down low on 15 meters
when some LZsomething/VP8 called in and worked me and then asked
me to spot him on 21.055.

I slowed down the CW speed and told him it was against the rules
of the contest for him to ask me to spot him.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr