[CQ-Contest] Doug's famous Spot Remover FREE...but wait,

ve4xt at mts.net ve4xt at mts.net
Thu Mar 8 10:59:59 EST 2007

Shelby's right on the money. As much as I really like Doug's idea for
contesting, I have to remember that the bands exist for more than
contesters, as do contests. The casual operator isn't going to give one
whit about the issues we have with packet: he just wants to pluck off his
spots, work 'em and then get back to his mint julep.

The existence of a contest does not compel all those on the air to
suddenly abide by contest rules. Only those who submit logs need do
that. Similarly, the sysops of the various DX spotting systems are serving
a larger contingent than contesters.

73, kelly
ve4xt

> From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww at arrl.net>
> Date: 2007/03/08 Thu AM 03:57:39 CST
> To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Doug's famous Spot Remover FREE...but
wait,
> 	there's more!
>

> Doug KR2Q wrote: "During a contest (or all the time?), the spotting
software
> should be changed so that only the PREFIX is accepted/transmitted.
That
> way, everybody would
> have to copy the call on their own.  NO errors in spotting, no
CORRECTIONS