[CQ-Contest] Packet debate

DL8MBS prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Fri Mar 16 13:36:48 EST 2007

Doug Smith wrote:

>On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 18:30 -0700, Tom Osborne wrote:
>

>>One thing I have never understood yet, If I have a receiver in G land on 75,
>>and that receiver is hearing I stations 10 over 9, I still  have to be able
>>to transmit and be able to reach G (which ain't gonna happen with my setup)
>>on 75 meters.
>>

>Yep, and this is why I think there's no need to restrict use of remote
>receivers.
>
>A rule restricting all transmitters operating on the contest bands to a
>500m circle would IMHO be adequate.

Two east coast stations running full legal power to fullsize verticals
on 80m, one using a beverage for receive, the other a remote RX in DL
with good connection - who will have more phone qsos with EU stations?
And btw, for us small guns it would take a lot of fun out of the game if
we knew that in more and more cases our little signals really had not
made it over the atlantic or to a new DXCC-country far away but only to
a RX 200km away.

73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)