[CQ-Contest] Remote Site Contesting Rules

Zack Widup w9sz at prairienet.org
Sun Mar 18 16:49:50 EST 2007

This is my opinion FWIW.  You can operate a single station from somewhere
else and it's fine with me.  If you can arrange to put a station in some
place like EA9 or OH0, license it and then sit in the USA and operate it
I'll be more than happy to work you in a contest.  There's no unfair
advantage to having one station with all the actual equipment and
antennas inside the 500 ft (or 500 m) circle in some other place.

It's when you have a station in one part of the country or world and use
an additional station (even just a receive site) in another area with
different propagation and paths to more stations that it gets unfair.
And it appears to me to be against the rules, too.

Outside of a contest this could be an interesting experience.  I've played
around with the various DX Tuners in other countries that you can use via
Internet to listen in on shortwave. But that wasn't in a contest and in
fact I wasn't even listening to ham transmissions.

73, Zack W9SZ