[CQ-Contest] NS Ladder Wk 2

Bill Haddon - n6zfo hounds1234 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 21 11:00:06 EST 2007

Join the fun this week for the NCCC Sprint Ladder, Week 2
Details at www.ncccsprint.com

Exchange format  for Wk 2:        Serial #, Your first call, QTH

NOTE 1: Writelog users will prefer to use  the "Internet Sprint" module, which allows a callsign to be entered in the NAME column

NOTE 2: Next week (NSL Wk 3) we'll use the traditional "#, Name, QTH" format .   Many of you really liked the first callsign format ; some of the original calls were very interesting, to say the least.

Winners for Wk 1: No surprise: Jim N3BB with 1056 pts, followed closely by Ken N6RO with 943 pts. In the East of Ms. River division, Howie, N4AF narrowly edged out Steve,  N9CK 779 to 760 pts.  Looks like another year of keen competition.  Recall that top finishers for last year's NS Ladder in the three divisions had cumulative scores within a few points of each other:

NSL III: 2006
E. of Ms. River: Mike, W9RE :    14,764
NCCC in CA/NV  Ken, N6RO:   14,399
W. of Ms. River  Jim, N3BB:       14,070
(Howie, N4AF next at 12,706)
See http://www.ncccsprint.com/2006_results.htm

Glad to have K0XP, KA3DRR, KZ5D and NS3T aboard this year. In total, about 25 participants last week.  That's a good turn out, but more will increase the fun our most important objective in the NS Ladder.

Week 2 of NS Ladder:

Time: 0230-0300Z Friday (Thursday evening US)
Freq:  Near 1815  3540   7040  14040
Exchange:  Ser #, Your first Call, State/Province/country
Dupes: 1 intervening qso same band, immediately work same station on band
change.
Mults: per band
Power limit: 100w.
Remember: Carefully set your start and stop time .   see comments under "NS
Rules" .. Time
Report scores using fom at http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/ ,  directly to
3830 at contesting.com, or to n6zfo.

The NS Ladder has a dedicated and expanding fan-base ... we'd love to have you
join.  A great and quick contest entertainment for Thursday night, and the
family probably won't notice you've disappeared for a while.

See you on Thursday.  Questions/comments to  Bill n6zfo hounds1234 at comcast.net

73 and good luck,

Bill N6ZFO/6