[CQ-Contest] Remote madness

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Mar 21 12:31:08 EST 2007

During the recent Russian CW contest, I found myself in Topanga, CA at
the QTH of N6AA.  He has a pretty nice QTH and antenna system, but I
decided to operate the contest using my laptop - connected to my home
station.  I did have to make 3 phone calls - one to ask for the amp to
be switched on, and twice to change antenna directions.

I made about 21 QSOs.  N6AA made about 3, and I beat him out in a couple
of pileups.

Dick is trying to figure out how someone sitting in his living room with a
laptop beat him in the contest.

Tree N6TR
tree at kkn.net