[CQ-Contest] Remote Operations in Contest

Gerry Hull gerry.hull at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:57:13 EST 2007

Paul,

We are veering off topic here.

I get a lot of jollies out of knowing many contesters personally, and QSOing
them in contests... in fact, It would be devoid of fun without the
personalities and people.  Heck, I wish I would have met you when I operated
SS from St. John's a few years back... (though Dunville is a bit of a haul).
  I had a ball meeting many of the callsigns I'd worked over the years.

My overall point, Paul, is that you have to accept the technology changes
along with everything else... and you're flatly stating that you do not want
this to happen, as it goes with remote station operation.

So -- Let's agree.  Ham radio without people would be a very boring hobby.
However, whom (or what, or how) I work in an individual contest QSO is not
going to make or break this great hobby.

'Nuff said on this subject -- I'll by the beers and we can discuss at length
if your gonna be at Dayton!

73,

Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM
Explore real-time competition in ham radio - post your score to
http://www.getscores.org!