[CQ-Contest] When is a QSO not a QSO?

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Thu Mar 22 04:39:03 EST 2007

Kelly Taylor wrote: "There are much more important issues we could discuss.

Personally, I, along with the great majority, I believe 97% was the figure I
was quoted,  of participants don't really give a flip about "how, where,
whom" is involved in their contact! Although I will admit, if the "whom" is
someone I know, personally, and I'm of the impression that he is operating
from some DX entity, and I ask "how's the weather there", and he replies:
"I'm not really there, I'm operating remotely from my living room, using my
laptop", something will be missing from that contact! When the ability to
have fun...I have not made a single contact, contest or otherwise, during
the month of March...is taken away, the majority of that aforementioned
percentage will, as I have, find others things to do, on contest weekends.
Contrary to popular opinions, "most lives do not revolve around the contest
world"!
I'm a firm believer in "we all try and make time for things that are
considered important"? Recently, my participation in contests is becoming
less important...and I sincerely hope: "that too shall pass"

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW