[CQ-Contest] A call to action

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Fri Mar 23 11:58:20 EST 2007

> Lately this reflector has been a place where halfway thought out
> ideas go to be debated to death.  However it is also read by ARRL
> directors, CQ committee members, officers of major contest clubs,
> owners of multi-multi stations, and others who make a difference.
> Those are the people this e-mail is directed to.

You mean that I make a difference???  Well, I suggest you all do as I do,
not necessarily as I say.  For instance, this weekend my station is being
taken over by NE1C for wpx ssb.  This is a Boy Scout Venture Crew, they have
been coming here and running M/M for the last couple years.  They are an
enthusiastic group and have lots of fun playing big gun for a weekend.  And,
they have young friends, and parents, that get well impressed by the
operation.  So don't do as I say, do as I do and invite non-contesters over
to help, invite a local boy scout group over for JOTA, get on your local
repeater and beg for rope pullers for your next antenna job, then ask them
to stay and operate, invite them over for a summer picnic and contest
university during one of the state qso parties to learn how to do it...
nuff said????  Now back to the contest preps.

Btw, just this week I enabled a new remote controlled ShackCam so you can
look over the operators shoulders.  Have them wave for you when you work
them!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net