[CQ-Contest] A Call to Action

Steve Harrison k0xp at dandy.net
Fri Mar 23 22:34:18 EST 2007

At 05:04 PM 3/23/2007 -0700, Ward Silver wrote:
>Exactly.  Here's my proposal - first, support www.contesting.com.  If I were
>a new HF operator and was looking for information on contesting, where would
>I go?  Let's see, boatanchors.com?  No.  Um, endlessyakking.com?  No.  Why -
>I might go to contesting.com!!!  Here's a Web site, all set up for *just
>this very function* for us to use.  OK - so I'm not being very funny.  You
>get the point.  No new Web site or club is required.

Ummm... yanno, I was sorta wondering how they managed to grab
contesting.com before any of all of the other kinds of world contest
sponsors thought of it. Personally, I mita thought of www.hamcontests.com
or www.hamcontesting.com, both of which seem to be available. Perhaps
someone can grab those two and have em point to www.contesting.com?

>If the contesting.com designers are listening - how about a big, red button
>on the contesting.com home page - right at the top - that says something
>like "NEW TO CONTESTING?  CLICK HERE!" and goes to a page of articles just
>for the new contester.  We can all contribute to this.  contesting.com gets
>more traffic, we get more contesters, everybody should be smiling.

Sounds like a winner to me.

Steve, K0XP