[CQ-Contest] RULES CLARIFICATION FOR UNIQUE REMOTE CONTESTING OPERATIONS

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Mon Mar 26 22:00:59 EST 2007

Dear Contest Sponsors & Managers:

I would greatly appreciate an "Offical Ruling" in this specific matter (below), and permission to publish the Decision(s) to the CQ-Contest & NCCC Reflectors.

Part of the objective of advocating more Remote and SO2R REMOTE Contesting is to yield more QSOs for everyone participating in the events.  And, to enable more "Little Pistol Contest Stations" to put out more competitive signals.  As we go into a new Sunspot Cycle, the QRP ops *could* set up inexpensive remote stations with battery or cheap solar power and get their antennas somewhere decent.  The issue of the TS-480 Control Head needs resolving with concrete clarity now.

Please reply ONLY to: p5 at k6vva.com (in order to bypass my heavy filtering).

Tnx very much & 73...

Rick, K6VVA