[CQ-Contest] A call to action

Rob Locher W7GH rob at idiompress.com
Wed Mar 28 12:34:44 EST 2007

Jim, thank you for pointing out the Contesting FAQ.  I'm new to
contesting, and that's the first place I started.  It's a great article.

While the Contesting FAQ is a great place to start, it certainly isn't the
be-all and the end-all.  Ken VE3HLS and Ward N0AX are right: it would be
helpful to have a place where several (not just one) articles are
assembled, and have a forum where newbies won't feel intimidated to ask a
simple question.

The CW Sweepstakes was my first contest.  Afterwards I did a Google search
to find out just what the heck some op wanted when he sent "CK?" at me.
It took me about an hour to find a straight answer, and I'm very good at
Google searching.

I second the motion to support contesting.com.  While we're at it, let's
also use moderators to keep the bitter old men and assorted trolls that
haunt other web sites' forums away.  Newbies want to be encouraged, not
insulted and driven off!

73,
- Rob W7GH