[CQ-Contest] W3NQN Bandpass Filters (Was: Re: 419 band pass filters.....)

Jeff Maass jmaass at k8nd.com
Wed Mar 28 20:48:36 EST 2007

> If K3LR has S/N 001 on each band of his W3NQN
> filters, I must have SN 002 or at least be in
>single digits.  These are the preferred
> filters, hands down, at K8CC.

While ours are not nearly so old, we have four
sets of W3NQN filters on the four full-power station
positions at the PJ2T station on Curacao, plus a
spare set. No doubt, the W3NQN filters are Best of
Breed.

On two of our stations, we bundled six filters together
with the Array Solutions FM-6 filter switching box
(assembly shown without the coaxial jumpers on the
Array Solutions web site at
http://arraysolutions.com/images/PJ2T_FM6&BPFs.jpg).

Not as compact as the ICE 419, but we've had only
one filter fail (when a visiting renter inserted
it manually at the *OUTPUT* of an amplifier and
crispy-crittered it). Ed W3NQN repaired it for a
small, flat fee: very, very reasonable (the second
one you crispy-critter, he charges more!). Also, if
one band's filter fails, we can swap one in from
our spare set in minutes, and the other bands all
continue to work.

73,  Jeff  K8ND