[CQ-Contest] [NCCC] RULES CLARIFICATION FOR UNIQUE REMOTE CONTESTING OPERATIONS

Jim Brown K9YC k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Mar 29 11:41:31 EST 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:30:27 -0400, Hogerty, Tom  KC1J wrote:

>So - if the entire station is contained within the 500-meter limit, it
>can be operated under local control (operator on-site) or by remote
>control (operator outside the 500-meter limit and connected by any means
>that allows control of the transmitter)."

But isn't there a limit on the distance that the control point can be from
the station for at least some ARRL contests?  I seem to recall 75 miles or
something like that. I have a lease on a QTH that is roughly 100 air miles
(and 3 hours one way) from me, so this is a matter of direct interest to
me.

73,
Jim K9YC