[CQ-Contest] Remote Contesting

rmthorne at suddenlink.net rmthorne at suddenlink.net
Fri Mar 30 08:29:16 EST 2007

Your's and everyone else's argument of the operator being in the same location is hog wash.

You guys are taking this too far.  This thread basically started out as a I can't put up antennas in my location or I'm in a bad location to the "sky is falling, what if".

The moving of my station to a remote location is no different than K1ZZZ retireing and moving out to the country to improve his station.

I'm convinced after reading all of the emails on this one that everyone is a little afraid of some competition and don't think its fair.

As John, N5CQ, attests too, a remote station is not the easiest thing to run right now.  There are lots of hurdles.

If you get beat by a remote station, then you may want to rethink your own station and what you can do to improve.

So you all just get over it.

Rich - N5ZC