[CQ-Contest] SO2R REMOTE CONTESTING

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Mar 30 12:40:19 EST 2007

You didn't ask for it, but here is my 2 cents worth  anyway.

    It seems to me that the purpose of a ham radio  contest is to contact
other stations at other locations - that other signal  emanating from somewhere
else. That emanating signal doesn't really have  anything to do with where the
operator is sitting as long as his signal comes  from where it's supposed to
to count for contest credit.

    I think remote stations are a brilliant solution to  many problems; e.g.
you don't have to miss your anniversary every year because  it falls during
the CQWW weekend, you don't have to worry about the  neighbor and legal hassles
involved in building a station in your highly  CC&R'ed backyard, you can be a
rate multiplier and never leave home, you can  get away from the high noise
level in your city lot, you live in a condo, etc.

    I guess I didn't realize that there were so many  curmudgeons out there
that don't like it.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC