[CQ-Contest] Spending someone else's money

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Sat Mar 31 09:35:16 EST 2007

> So, let me get this straight.
>
> You have enough money and time [snip]
>
> And you don't have enough money and time to drive or
> fly to this radio Nirvana to operate a contest?

Naw.  Don't tell someone else how to spend their time and money.  You don't
know the details.  For many, family comes before time and money.  It's
absent from your comment.  It's a major factor in my contesting decisions.

My station is 16 miles from my house.  It's a decent station.  Being able to
access it from my laptop either from home or away on business or pleasure
would be really slick.  I would be on the air more if I could do this.  I
would make more contacts if I could do this.

If I operated a contest this way and won, it would not occur to me that I
was somehow deserving of being in a separate category.  I'd feel like I won
the contest fair and square whether I was down the street or halfway around
the world.

Mark, N5OT