[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 53, Issue 13

Tom Taormina tom at k5rc.cc
Fri May 11 17:59:35 EDT 2007

If it is a 1:1 balun, use the coax choke in the new antenna handbook.
It isn't new, but Dean Straw has determined that wrapping the turns
of coax on a form and keeping the turns parallel is much more
effective than the old rats-nest choke. I've been wrapping them
around a large plastic jar, securing the turns with ty-wraps and then
removing the jar and wrapping the whole choke with electrical tape to
keep its form.