[CQ-Contest] "If you were buying a new contest radio" results inconclusive

W5PR w5pr at swbell.net
Sat May 19 16:45:13 EDT 2007

I am here at Dayton wanting to buy a new radio and I cannot decide.  I have
a PROIII which works very well, but the 7700, Orion and K3 all look very
interesting.  I don't think Sherwood Engineering has tested the K3 yet.
Sherwood shows the Orion II to have the best selectivity, but lacking a
little in sensitivity.  ( Probably only important to ten meter ops like
me...)  I guess I will not get the "Dayton Discount."

Chuck W5PR