[CQ-Contest] Counting DC as a Multiplier and Not as Part ofMaryland.

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Mon May 21 11:51:16 EDT 2007

The NAQP rules are what they are and there is no need to change
them or to make DC a multiplier.  If DC were made a multiplier,
the same logic would need to be extended to every other self-
governing entity including Indian Reservations, etc.

DC is recognized for Maryland credit in the WAS program (it's not
WAS + DC).

DC is not a "country" for DXCC purposes - therefore the comparison
to Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands is not appropriate.

> Now is the time for justice to be served by NCJ contest managers
> moving in a positive direction to right this wrong!

This is no more a "wrong" than the arbitrary multipliers in many
other contests.  It is a historical fact of life that should be
maintained for tradition and not changed on a whim.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV