[CQ-Contest] NAQP CW and SSB Preliminary Results Now Available

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Tue May 22 20:51:36 EDT 2007

Hi Bruce.  I am very pleased to see the turn-around time getting shorter.
It's great to see the results of a contest when you can still remember the
contest and not get it confused with subsequent runnings of the same contest
that have already come and gone in the meantime.  Excellent work.  Thank
you!

I think it would be a huge plus if the National Contest Journal would adopt
a policy to turn all their contest results around as quickly as they do the
North American Sprint!

I looked over the results and appreciate how straightforward they are to
use.  Check the bottom of the page where it says Revised November 22, 2006
and also it seems like the actual scores ought to take priority over the
team scores - i.e. move the team scores to the end maybe, or use a link at
the top to take interested users to them.  I had to PgDn through them in
order to find "the good stuff."  Yes, that tells you where I am coming
from - but I'd guess that most users are initially interested in line scores
and subsequently interested in team scores after they see the line scores.
I could be wrong.

I'm sitting enviously on the sidelines with many friends because of the huge
ice storm that took many of us off the air for the January NAQP.  It's nice
to see the results out this soon, Bruce.  Thank you.

Mark, N5OT