[CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks

Doug Smith w9wi at w9wi.com
Tue May 29 01:32:27 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 22:11 -0400, Joe Subich, W4TV wrote:
> The "smart" way to resolve the geographical limits for a club is
> to use a given number of grid squares (6 character).  14 or 15
> squares would be about the same geographical area as the current
> 175 mile (ARRL) limit and would be significantly easier to administer.

Do they have to be contiguous?

(I want CN85tj, DM03wv, DM79cf, EK99hg, EM66kj,
        EN44hw, EN53ll, FK42xm, FM19jd, FN03bm,
        FN21ok, FN31be, FN42ev, IN94tr, and KO00hv)

I wonder how many contesters know their grid to 6 characters?  (if not
for the Stew Perry I doubt many would know it to *4* characters)

--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66