[CQ-Contest] Cut numbers

DL8MBS prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Wed May 30 01:25:28 EDT 2007

Steve Harrison schrieb:

>When your rate is 3 or 4 per MINUTE, then yes, it surely can;

In this years ARRL CW I received a report including "enn" - and trying
to answer in the same language I replied "tu enn 7e" as I chose my power
as 75 Watts - he  requested a repeat three times and failed nevertheless
with me sending at less than 30 wpm. In the fifth over I sent "5nn 75"
and he got it. What sounds cool for the perhaps only very few able to do
it might not stand reality. Did the consequent "a" and "e" users check
their UBN reports  for effects of cut numbers other than "n" or "t"? At
least for sunday afternoons it seems IMHO as helpful as calling CQ with
40 wpm for minutes without reply.
But of course YMMV.
73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)