[CQ-Contest] Circle Jerks

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Wed May 30 14:09:59 EDT 2007

IF we want to even out the "advantage" of one club over another, perhaps
one should think of a contiguous, non gerrymandered area which contains
a certain population (of individuals or hams) instead of a geographical
area.  For example, Montana, the Dakotas, and the western provinces of
Canada have much lower population density than New York, California, and
other populace states.  This is true even if the a Montana club, for
example, would include the entire ARRL Montana Section compared with a
175 mile circle centered somewhere in New York or Pennsylvania.

It might be a bit hard to define and administer, but, we either say that
"things aren't fair in life, so why should they be fair in Ham Radio
contesting" or figure a way to make it fair.

73 de n8xx Hg