[CQ-Contest] cut #

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Thu May 31 00:32:27 EDT 2007

Mark, N5OT, wrote:

> Cut numbers also cause more requests for repeats.

I heard frequent repeat requests in my short WPX CW time spent.

One station was sending a whacko cut number combination that caused others problem, so I decided to try a little experiment.

Hey...those who send cut #'s *should* be able to copy them, right?

Instead of sending 599 91, I sent 5NN NA (latter being a "cut number" for 91).

Guess who made at least 3 requests for a repeat of my number?

OK...I finally gave in and sent 5NN 91.

IMHO, get rid of any cut numbers other than "T" for Zero after the infamous 5NN.

73...

Rick, K6VVA