[CQ-Contest] Band edge operating - Previously "More CQWW SSB spot analysis"

Paul Cassel paul at ve3sy.com
Fri Nov 2 20:27:30 EST 2007

The IARU receive a consensus of member countries in each IARU region and
then issues a band"plan"   Individual members such as the USA and Canada etc
then create regulations to fit the band"plan".

You will note that in the IARU bandplan, the top end of the 20 metre band is
as everyone agrees 14350, however also note it shows an authorized maximum
bandwidth of 2700 Hz.  So interpretation by each country and regulator
becomes an objective one.   I expect only the US FCC Part 97 is worded to
specifically limit any modulation content to be within the band edges??

Now having said that I do respect our neighbours bandedge rules for Running
however, if a new mult exists I, and I'm sure the majority of serious US
contesters, will certainly grab it.

Paul VE3SY