[CQ-Contest] Best hours to operate SS?

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Sat Nov 3 10:24:32 EST 2007

My rate sheets from the last 10 years can be found here:
http://www.k5zd.com/scores/statistics.htm

These efforts from WMA should be similar to what you would see from NNJ.

>From a rate perspective, the early hours are always the best.  Mostly
because everyone is new and still excited about the contest.

Sunday can be fun if you are new to the bands because everyone is trolling
for QSOs by then.  But, you must have enough signal to get a frequency among
all the CQ machines.

We have some great football games on Sunday afternoon (and evening for us
Cowboys fans) so I expect some competition for radio time on Sunday late.

Randy, K5ZD