[CQ-Contest] SS CW

Ken Adams K5KA k5ka at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 6 21:46:17 EST 2007

What a great weekend of SS CW !!

It's been many moons since we've seen numbers above 1,500 ... who needs
sunspots when you've got activity.  My thrill came Sunday morning when
my CQ was answered by VY1JA for the Sweep.  Everyone sounded great and
it was nice to work many, many new callsigns this year.

Extra thanks goes out to those stations in rare sections for getting on
the air.  And a special welcome to VY1EI.  We all hope you will become a
regular in SS.

Another highlight for me was when I found Bill, K4LTA cqing Sunday and
worked him at 35 wpm or so.  For those of you who do not know, Bill is
sightless.  So, if you want a real challenge, try doing SS CW (or any
contest for that matter) with a blindfold.  Thanks for getting on Bill.

The deadline for submitting logs is December 5.  It's perfectly OK to
submit early :-)
CU in a few days for the SSB flavor.

73, Ken K5KA